Unbroken Chain Podcast - With Maura James McNamara
This podcast was one of my favs! So full of incredibly insightful questions and banter - Maura is a GEM. We talked about my Tina “Kat” 11 years apprenticing with maestros in the Amazon and United States, and how Ayahuasca saved my life. We also talked about my path in helping others prepare for psychedelic experiences and integrate the sometimes intense, challenging Dark Nights of the Soul back into their lives afterward. In this beautiful offering full of practical wisdom, Maura and I talk about how to work through “bad trips,” making friends with fear, going “unsane,” purging, Shipibo cosmology, and what it means for westerners to participate in indigenous traditions, among much more. Check out more of Maura’s work at maurajames.com.
Risk Everyday - with Kristy Arnett
Tuff Love - Start with Self-Love
In-depth conversation with Robert Kandell about Ayahuasca, shadow integration, and self-love. We even do a live coaching session with a brave volunteer! Other highlights:
- Why Kat believes there’s a Mother Theresa and a Hitler in all of us, and that the more we refuse to look at the Hitler, the more it has ownership and power over us.
- How Kat helps educate people and shows them how to make friends with that shadow part of themselves by looking at the results and resistance in their life.
- Emotions are energy in motion. If we’re doing it in a conscious way then we can take those shadow things that we feel are our flaws and make them part of the toolkit of the things that make us really strong.
- Kat’s perspective on the Westernization of Ayahuasca, why she is loyal to the tradition and why she believes our culture is in a dark night of the soul
- The process is either through inflation or contraction. We learn our lessons from stepping into ego. While Kat is choosy in advising people where to sit, she recognizes that there are people who are in their own ego and she tries not to judge that.
- Why Kat decided to stop taking the medicine and how the new call was the toughest surrender yet
- In any modality, the Universe is always working with our attachments. If we’re clinging to a space of identity, it will have to be dealt with eventually. That which we resist, persists.
Primal Happiness Podcast - How Knowing About Death can Make You Happy
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- We are so afraid of death and dying that it can make us close up and contract, not fully love our lives or be open to loving others.
- Understanding that death isn’t the end of the journey but is just a different experience of consciousness allows us to stop running away from death, to stop living in fear of it.
- When we say yes to all of it – the dark stuff and the light stuff, love and heartbreak, life and death then we get to have the deepest, most juicy experience of life. So say yes to all of it!
Matt Belair, the Zen Athlete, Video Interview
Amazing interview with the very divine Matt Belair. We talk about:
- Why we should and should not do Ayahuasca
- What you need to know before doing Ayahuasca your first time
- Why we need to the power of love
- Understanding the light and the dark
- What is the difference between Ayahuasca, Mushrooms, San Pedro, LSD
- Why intention is the most important
- What Free Will is
- The importance of Integrity
- Getting obsessed with self-care
- The Promises game
The Jeff Slayter Show for Entrepreneurs
A deep discussion between Jeff and Kat about the power of Ayahuasca, soul-connection, and using our powers for good. Jeff is a very successful heart-spaced entrepreneur who works with high performers, and he's extremely adept at balancing the tangible and intangible. There's also an in-depth blog about the Ayahuasca podcast highlights.
The Rooster Art and Culture Online Magazine
Featured in an edgy, whip-smart article about being a Death Coach.
EntheoNation - Choosing the Right Ayahuasca Retreat
- The difference between soul and spirit
- Why we have this ‘dark stuff’ in our lives – if there wasn’t a sense of separation then there would be no motivation or curiosity to move forward and uncover the mystery of consciousness.
- As we grow more in tune with our soul then we will be guided as to the lessons and experiences that are going to be most rewarding in this life
The Vin Armani Show
An intimate Ayahuasca Interview. (Start at 52:26 for the interview)
The amazing Vin Armani from the fascinatingly seductive Showtime series Gigolos interviews me about the history and proper usage of Ayahuasca, how the medicine expands our consciousness, and what it means to dance with the shadow.